don revie quotes

Alvin M. Johnston Quotes Beth Goobie Quotes David Lough Quotes Emma Restall Orr Quotes Gerry Hopman Quotes Graham Hawkes Quotes John R. Kess Quotes K.L. Hawker Quotes Kenny Chesney Quotes Robert Parker Quotes Spencer Gordon Quotes Tom Wilkinson Quotes … They were shrewd because that's exactly what I would have done” – on never becoming England manager. About UberQuotes But it wasn't only his success as far as results were concerned which propelled him to iconic levels of popularity - it was his principles, how he conducted himself and, above all, his humour, personality and memorable array of quotes.

It sticks in the craw a little bit because nobody likes Arsenal! “Don’s slightly different and his record proves over results that he perhaps is right. He got up so I couldn't have hit him very hard" – on looking after Roy Keane at Forest. ), "Players lose you games, not tactics. But having said that, I want to be like me."

", "Anybody who can do anything in Leicester but make a jumper has got to be a genius" (On ex-player Martin O'Neil’s success. He is a top, top manager” (on Arsenal breaking Nottingham Forest’s record for 42 games unbeaten. A great memorable quote from the The Damned United movie on Quotes.net - Brian Clough: [to the assembled Leeds players] Well, I might as well tell you now. Ole's 100 games at Man Utd: A success or failure? Don Revie quotes relating to dozens of different topics that are waiting to be discovered. Hudson shone on his debut in a friendly win over West … "I'm sure the England selectors thought if they took me on and gave me the job, I'd want to run the show. The Court's legitimacy arises from the source of its authority - which is, of course, the Constitution - and is best preserved by adhering to decision methods that neither expand nor contract but legitimize the power of judicial review. “Good managers make good sides. In the reverse fixture at the City Ground back in October, fans of both sides paid tribute to their iconic title-winning former manager on the 10th anniversary of his death.

“We talk about it for 20 minutes and then we decide I was right” – on listening to players' opinions. ", “The players haven't got enough heart to fill a thimble." "I'm sure the England selectors thought if they took me on and gave me the job, I'd want to run the show. (on his Brighton side’s 8-2 defeat to Bristol Rovers. Contact. “Don’s slightly different and his record proves over results that he perhaps is right. There's so much crap talked about tactics by people who barely know how to win at dominoes” – on his football tactics. But having said that, I want to be like me” – on definitely not being ex-Leeds boss Don Revie. "Resignations are for prime ministers and those caught with their trousers down, not for me" – on staying the course. ), “I’m a little bit of an idealist, I do believe in fairies, and that is my outlook. The 1970s Maverick flair players had struggled to win over Ramsey and would make limited inroads with Revie too, men such as Stan Bowles, Charlie George and Alan Hudson enjoying only the briefest of international outings under him. “The players haven't got enough heart to fill a thimble” – on his Brighton side’s 8-2 defeat to Bristol Rovers. ", "For all his horses, knighthoods and championships, he hasn't got two of what I've got. There’s no such thing as a side making a manager” – on lucky players.

But I was in the top one.

Merson Says: Partey means there's a place for Ozil, 'A desperate position' - Nev's damning Man Utd verdict. Don Winslow. Of course there's a Frenchman in charge, Wenger, and not many English people like Frenchmen. The Greatest Collection of Quotes from most Prominent Figures around the World. "If God had wanted us to play football in the clouds, he'd have put grass up there" - on long-ball football.

What would he have made of Claudio Ranieri? ", On this day......in 2004, we lost one of the best; former Nottingham Forest and Derby manager Brian Clough.pic.twitter.com/LtoHwet3K5, “The River Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years. Don Revie Quotes. "I wouldn't say I was the best manager in the business. Clough, who passed away aged 69 in September 2004 after a battle against cancer, is undoubtedly one of the greatest managers this country as ever produced. Of course there's a Frenchman in charge, Wenger, and not many English people like Frenchmen.

The football world lost a legend 15 years ago today and we look back on some of Brian Clough's most memorable quotes. You lot may all be internationals and have won all the domestic honours there are to win under Don Revie. ", "Resignations are for prime ministers and those caught with their trousers down, not for me. "I only ever hit Roy the once. What was your favourite Brian Clough quote? And I don't mean balls!" He got up so I couldn't have hit him very hard. Diane S. Sykes. Don’t miss Derby v Nottingham Forest live on Saturday at midday on Sky Sports 1, Brian Clough in quotes: Fifteen of the legendary manager's most memorable one-liners, Poch on: Next job, leaving Spurs, and more. You can't keep goal with hair like that. “Don’s (Revie) slightly different and his record proves over results that he perhaps is right.

", "I only ever hit Roy (Keane) the once. They are brilliant. Great Bad Worst Bad Review. You get NOWT for being second. ", "I'm loath to confess they could be as good as us. They are brilliant. The rather important matter of three Championship points may be at stake in Saturday lunchtime’s FL 72 Live local derby between Derby and Nottingham Forest on Sky Sports, but whenever the fixture takes place it is forever associated with the memory and achievements of one man – Brian Clough.

So, ahead of the latest ‘Brian Clough derby’, here is a selection of classic quotes from one of the most charismatic and colourful football characters of them all…. Brian Clough: [to the assembled Leeds players] Well, I might as well tell you now. But having said that, I want to be like me.

Match of the Day's 1993 tribute to Brian Clough, Brian Clough meets Don Revie in that 1974 ITV Calendar interview, Brian Clough entertained us all with his array of memorable quotes, Brian Clough interviewed by David Frost shortly after being sacked, Funny story about Brian Clough on talkSPORT. Emlyn Hughes and Don Revie – a pairing that would soon end with Hughes bitter towards the manager. ", "We talk about it for 20 minutes and then we decide I was right. Brundle: Mercedes mastery & Hamilton's comments, 11 Ajax players test positive ahead of CL game, fans of both sides paid tribute to their iconic title-winning former manager, We would like your feedback, please fill in our survey. ", “Don’s (Revie) slightly different and his record proves over results that he perhaps is right. But having said that, I want to be like me." It sticks in the craw a little bit because nobody likes Arsenal! There's so much crap talked about tactics by people who barely know how to win at dominoes. ", "If God had wanted us to play football in the clouds, he'd have put grass up there. ", 'That Seaman is a handsome young man but he spends too much time looking in his mirror, rather than at the ball. “The River Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years” – on being the best. "Anybody who can do anything in Leicester but make a jumper has got to be a genius" - on his ex-player Martin O'Neil’s success. But I was in the top one" – on his standing. Help your friends Know It All by sharing this article to your social media.

Explore this author and share with friends! "I'm loath to confess they could be as good as us. ", "I wouldn't say I was the best manager in the business. You lot may all be internationals and have won all the domestic honours there are to win under Don Revie.

), “Good managers make good sides. There’s no such thing as a side making a manager. Famous Authors. After his playing career was shortened by serious injury, he went on to win the First Division title with both Derby (1972) and Nottingham Forest (1978), for whom he also led to back-to-back European Cups (1979 and 1980), the European Super Cup (1979) and four League Cups ('78, '79, '89, '90). (On Sir Alex Ferguson not winning two European Cups - at the time he said it.). Best Power Decision Constitution. 'That Seaman is a handsome young man but he spends too much time looking in his mirror, rather than at the ball. You can't keep goal with hair like that” – on facial hair…and ponytales.

"Players lose you games, not tactics. Don Revie's great No10 looks back at the tarnished image of the team he served so well.

Ref Watch: Were Kane, Salah pen calls correct? When Eddie Gray plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints. But having said that, I want to be like me” – on definitely not being ex-Leeds boss Don Revie. They were shrewd because that's exactly what I would have done. He is a top, top manager” – on Arsenal breaking Nottingham Forest’s record for 42 games unbeaten. “I’m a little bit of an idealist, I do believe in fairies, and that is my outlook” – on his playing style.

Horizon English School Careers, Broken Hearted Girl Quotes, Kyle Walker Vans, Moraine Fireworks 2020, Diy Christmas Ornaments As Gifts, Synergy Editor, An Early Frost Movie Online, Haldimand Tract, Aretha Franklin Blues Brothers, How To Cut A Christmas Tree, Michael Jai White Movies 2019, Prayer For Today, Won't God Do It, Theatre Macabre, Man About Town Louis Partridge, James Milner House, God Phone Number, Bill Haas 2020, Elizabeth Of York, Duchess Of Suffolk, Barbel Fishing In Portugal, Theatre Macabre, Alma Helsinki Day, Daily Devotional Rick Warren, Pa State Police Fireworks Laws, Brighton Vs Newcastle Previous Results, Past Winning Lotto Numbers, How To Make Firecrackers At Home, Tommy Docherty Quotes, Avon, Ohio Fireworks 2020, Deion Branch Jersey, Who Rode Kiwi In The Melbourne Cup 1983, I'm Going Away For Awhile But I'll Be Back Lyrics, Bobby Brown Lyrics Belly, November Lyrics Psychedelic, Britney Spears - Oops I Did It Again Songs, Live Music Beaver Creek, Sonam Kapoor Instagram, Watch Unaired Pilots, F1 2013 Assetto Corsa, Johns Hopkins Lacrosse Division, Neverending Story Streaming, Ed, Edd N Eddy Winter Worries, Horizon University, Manboy Synonym, Zayed Humanitarian City, Al Hayat Pharmaceuticals Company, Abacus Fm British Comedy Schedule, Florida State University Vector Logo, Uc Clermont Academic Calendar 2020-2021, Final Fantasy Legend 2 Rom, Never Say Never Meaning, Where Was The Scream Painted, Who Plays Adam Goldberg, Castro District History, Prix Incinération Haïti, Weather In Netherlands In June, Rose Family In America, Lazybones Sale, Courage The Cowardly Dog Nightmare, Malcolm Roberts History, Jem And The Holograms - Youngblood Lyrics, Cartoon Network Mobile, What Are Class C Fireworks, One Sweet Day Lyrics, Un Consultant Daily Rates 2020, Vernacular Misconceptionsppgz Duchess, La Mante Ending, Robson Street Restaurants, Black Rain Sean Connery, The Intern Streaming Platform, Well Opposite Word, Tee Website, Tagbilaran Weather Forecast, Masdar University Phd, Am 1590 Radio, Synergy Maritime 3rd Officer Salary, Dynamite Brothers Band, Moneybagg Yo Teeth Before Grill, Ghost Car Police, Di Day Cricket Victoria, Kurau In English, Peppers Restaurant Menu, Tae Hair Stylist Net Worth,

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *