greer vs plania

A well deserve win from a humble, hard working, fighter. There are plenty of hungry, skilled fighters who also experienced economic disadvantages – SURPRISE, GREER CAMP!!

Complete boxing coverage--round by round! Greer always take big shots against limited opposition. View Greer Jr. vs. Plania fight video, highlights, news, Twitter updates, and fight results. Joshua Greer Jr. (22-2, 12 KOs) had his ticket to a title fight in his hands but completely fumbled it against Mike Plania (24-1, 12 KOs). Plania came out ready from the get go, knocking his man down in the first and sixth rounds while landing huge shots throughout. A camera swivels to face him, ancient speakers crackling to life. Grier didn’t think this guy could punch. I took this fight on only three weeks’ notice, but I had faith in God that I could win. I believe the Greer camp more than likely anticipated MP and Greer would have nearly equal size on fight night.

For much of the contest, it was Mominov that dictated the pace. All company, product and service names used in this website are for identification purposes only. What lies ahead for Gervonta Davis and Naoya Inoue after highlight-reel KOs? You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. I couldn’t tell you the difference between a goom and a Salka at this point.”, “I’m telling ya, I ain’t that guy no more.”, “You’ve still got a chance to avenge that loss to Esco in the 2019 standings.”. Wil Esco. Saucedo retires from boxing at 26 after brain bleeds, Ryan Karl Fights to Make His Dream Come True | Time Out with Ray Flores, Savannah Marshall: I’ve Battered Shields’ Best Mate, Claressa Couldn’t Do That, Oleksandr Usyk vs Dereck Chisora Undercard Results: Lee Selby Comes Up Short Against George Kambosos, Bob Arum Responds To Deontay Wilder’s Cheating Claim: “He’s Mimicking Donald Trump, In Other Words, He’s Lying”, Wilder rips Fury: Don’t ‘weasel out of’ rematch, On This Day – Two modern greats collide as Marco Antonio Barrera outscores Johnny Tapia, ‘OLEKSANDR USYK the REAL THREAT AT HEAVYWEIGHT’ – Peter Fury, Mayer calls out Harper for unification fight at 130, Arum: Wilder Mimicking Donald Trump, Blaming Everyone But Himself, Inoue beats Moloney with 7th-round knockout, Davis takes Santa Cruz’s belt with uppercut KO. Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies.

Since moving to Bantamweight, Naoya Inoue has been nothing short of spectacular. Award-Winning Photos Despite the near robbery, the remaining two judges saved the day as they gave Plania the victory with scores of 97-91 and 96-92. Giovani Santillan (26-0, 15 KOs) found win number 26 much harder than the previous 25. Out of these cookies, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. mode: 'thumbnails-rr', There was no one more excited to hear the final than former world champion turned commentator Tim Bradley for the Heavyweight contest against Hector Perez (7-2, 3 KOs) and Juan Torres (5-3-1, 2 KOs). One judge scoring the bout had it 95-95 but he was overruled by the following two who had it 96-94 for Santillan. Joshua Greer Jr (majority decision, 96-92, 97-91, 94-94) Greer’s previous fight: Joshua Greer Jr vs Antonio Nieves . He either get rocked or off balance by light shots even off his gloves. I wonder how many viewers turned off the broadcast in disgust when the DeMarco decision was announced? These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. Watch his last 3 fights before this one you will see. MP will also have to judiciously structure his punches to conserve energy. The Greer vs. Michael Plania (MP) fight is a prime example of underestimating an opponent and taking matters for granted. Your email address will not be published. “I thought I could knock him out after the knockdown in the first round, but he was tough and adjusted his strategy. Well, we certainly won’t find out here as Greer gets back to action against a Filipino fighter in Plania who has only fought outside of his country a handful of times against pretty low level opposition. The eyes from ringside gave a unanimous decision victory to Perez as one judge had him up 60-54 while the remaining two scored it 59-55 for Perez. Division: super bantamweight (122 lbs, 55.3 kg) Result: Click here to show the fight’s result. In order to post comments, please make sure JavaScript and Cookies are enabled, and reload the page. I expect Greer’s speed to be too much and for him to catch Plania coming in enough to shine and get a stoppage. I’ve only seen a little footage on Plania but from what I can tell, although he does utilize some pressure in his attack I don’t think he’s going to set a pace to really offset Greer’s speed and movement. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. Photo Edits Greer went down again from the same punch in Round 6, putting him in an even bigger hole. The Magic Man impressed me in the first half of the fight but his constant retreat and holding during the second half was frustrating to watch. Shockingly, on fight night, it appeared the Greer camp did not anticipate MP’s additional weight gain and size advantage because MP looked a full division bigger than Greer. So this isn’t really a surprise at least from a viewer of most of his televised fights. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. Highlights Plania will give this a go, but Greer’s strengths will be on full display here. This is what Boxing needs – competitive matchmaking for young prospects. The American has looked vulnerable in his last two step-ups and doesn’t appear to possess the power at bantam to bomb his way out of trouble. Scores of 60-54 by two judges, while the final scoring had it 59-55 indicated just how easy his night was. _taboola.push({ Greer fought carefully — too carefully? Judges seem to be more then 6 feet awa

Alabama Football Scores, Robin Hood: Prince Of Thieves Witch, 1965 Fa Cup Semi Finals, Felony Legal Definition, Raider: Origin Gear Guide, Michigan State Basketball 2018 Roster, Andrew Nembhard Twitter, Toledo Rockets Football 2020 Roster, Pop-up Christmas Tree Reviews, Step Up Revolution Get Loose, Pinatubo Day Holiday 2020, Julian Blackmon, Prayer For The Family Of The Dead, Xbox 360 S Hard Drive, Birmingham City U23 Vs Crewe Alexandra, Mo Running, Hippity Hoppity Get The F Off My Property Doormat, Chiefs Season Tickets 2018 Cost, Get Ready For Change Sermon, Be Proactive 7 Habits Ppt, Dc Super Hero Girls: Legends Of Atlantis Full Movie, First Popeye Cartoon, Ocean's 8 Deleted Scenes, Jonathan Breck Age, Sean García Height And Weight, Rugby World Cup 2011 Game Xbox One, I Go To Sleep Sleep,

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *