seniesa estrada age

Seeing her reaction, Joe saw himself in Estrada. Estrada enters 2020 with an unbeaten record. LeBron James, who actually took an interest in the first, couldn’t have had less trouble dunking on a junior-high guard. She won other tournaments and awards and was on her way to becoming the latest of the great boxers that come from East LA. The sport is an important part of working-class Mexican and Mexican-American culture and in places like East Los Angeles, where Estrada was born and raised, it’s everywhere. Estrada pounced on Miranda Adkins from the opening bell and consumed just seven seconds in recording the fastest knockout in the history of women’s boxing. ( Log Out /  A women’s boxing match in California on Friday, July 24, 2020, looked like a mismatch on paper and turned out worse once the fighters stepped into the ring.

The say all things have to evolve and grow; female boxer Seniesa Estrada knows that time is where growth will evolve within victory or defeat. Hardly knowing how to box, she fought instinctually. “I’m going to be a world champion,” she remembers thinking at age 7. Seniesa Estrada's Reputation Profile. The 2020 Launch Music Awards to Honor Flo Rida, Pitbull, DJ Khaled, Betty Wright, Inner Circle, and 2 Live Crew this Labor Day Weekend! Too American for Mexicans. Without a promoter, a boxer has to secure their own fights and juggle the logistics that come with it. She often sparring against boys since there were so few girls in the sport.

She wants to become one of the best women to fight because, more than anything else, “I just feel like I was born to fight.”.

“I’m just a fight or two away from being in that conversation as one of the best pound-for-pound women in the sport,” Estrada said. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Seniesa Estrada inflicted a record-setting beating on Miranda Atkins.

I mean the record is great, but I want to fight more fighters and become a champion. It can be intimidating to walk into a boxing gym for the first time. “I was just excited and happy,” she recalls. “I felt like I was in the gym, but not really going anywhere and I was just wasting my time.” Existential dread had set in.

She has been growing increasingly dangerous in the ring; six of her last seven fights have ended in knockouts or TKOs. Seniesa “Superbad” Estrada grew up around boxing. Put American Boxing Back In The Ring? Seniesa started boxing at the age of 8 and, with a quick rise, became a multiple-time national champion, 2x junior… Seniesa Estrada was born and raised in east Los Angeles and, from an early age, would watch boxing with her dad (Joe Estrada), which is how she became interested in the sport.

As he watched her, Joe moved and punched as if trying to control her body through his. Adkins’s background in boxing is substantially different. Estrada’s father, Joe, boxed—in the gym, on the street, in prison—and introduced his daughter to the sport through televised matches at the tender age of 6.

The coronavirus pandemic threw a hiccup into Seniesa Estrada’s timetable, but the seven-second knockout of Miranda Atkins allows her to get back into action on short notice to start making up months on inactivity. “It was like a street fight.”. Estrada, who began fighting professionally at the age of 18 in May 2011, improved her record to 19-0 with 11 knockouts.

She’s already noticing that more girls are fighting in local gyms. During their fight, the boy punched Estrada in her stomach so hard that she couldn’t breathe. Grueling two-hour workouts filled the first week. “Once I went in there, I let my punches go and couldn’t stop.

Their lives changed when she first stepped into the ring — as an 8-year-old.

She was a last-minute replacement as Estrada’s opponent on the card in Indio, California, because Jacky Calvo had to withdraw due to a knee injury. With Golden Boy Promotions handling the business side, Estrada was free to focus on the sport. Norwegian Cruise Line Wins Semi-Finals in Best Bartender Competition, Romance Tropical: Puerto Rican Legacy in the History of Hispanic Cinematography, WaySlay A Black-Owned Business Has Arrived In Miami To Deliver Your Beauty Supplies Right At Your Doorstep, NYC Hair Guru @Limorinc Brings Talent to Miami, Three Years and Going Strong: The Basement Celebrates with World-Renowned DJs During Art Basel Week. In 2012, women’s boxing became an Olympic event, inevitably increasing exposure to women around the world, leading to more sponsorship deals and female competition, including Estrada. That inactivity bothered Estrada. “Seeing young girls who cry when they meet me and say I’m an inspiration and that they’re boxing because of me is such a good feeling, because I never had that growing up.”, Estrada’s goal is to be a three-division world champion. That passion and intensity; Joe could hardly believe what he saw.

It’s a drastic change from the time when she was the only girl in the gym and forced to fight against boys. She’s in there to hurt me as well, so I went for the knockout.”. She captured the WBC silver light flyweight belt in November 2018 in her 15th pro fight, then added the WBA interim flyweight championship a year later. Your mistakes is what makes a better you!”. She’s beaten all 18 women she’s fought. The punch to the body is the most painful in all of boxing. “I knew I had more experience than her,” Estrada told CBS Sports. The last shot from Estrada sent Adkins to the canvas by the ropes, and the fight was over without the formality of a 10-count. Traveling from tournament to tournament, there was always some place to box. A seven-second KO for Seniesa Estrada. Explore {{searchView.params.phrase}} by color family {{familyColorButtonText(colorFamily.name)}} © Copyright 2020 Endgame360 Inc. All Rights Reserved. Adkins, 42, took up the sport three years ago and entered the ring with only five fights on her resume – four against boxers who never fought professionally before and the fifth as a rematch. Why the Politics of Boxing Will Never Let Guillermo Rigondeaux Live Up To His Greatness. Can Errol Spence Jr. 12 Book Recommendations as Gifts for the Boxing Reader and 3 I’ve Yet to Read and Wouldn’t Mind Getting as Gifts. View Photos. MLB Is More Latin American Than Ever, So Why Is There Only One Latino Manager? #boxing, RELATED: A Look at Bruce Lee’s Only Official Fight, a Boxing Match When He Was Just 18.

She hopes to keep inspiring girls who come from a similar background.

She was meant to do this.”. I mean it is a sport, it does not matter if a male or female is in the spotlight . What a disgrace. The California Commission oughta be ashamed of itself. They work endless hours and worked on their ideal of perfection, that is what I am attempting to do. The sport is an important part of working-class Mexican and Mexican-American culture and in places like East Los Angeles, where Estrada was born and raised, it's everywhere.

[…] Seniesa has been boxing at an early age and has took her craft to another level. The sport runs in the family, too. She was meant to do this.’”, As Estrada fell deeper into the sport, she began honing her distinct style of fighting.

Adkins’s background in boxing is substantially different. Sergio Mora just said that Adkins didn't belong in the ring with Estrada. She began looking at her early struggles differently, realizing that they had made her a more determined boxer. Maybe then she would quit. She hit the young boy so many times and with such force that coaches stopped the fight.

That change has made Estrada a hero to young boxers. As her career sputtered, Estrada began to feel uneasy with her choice to commit full time to boxing. Miguel Cotto, Puerto Rico’s Finest Boxer Ever, Is Ready To Hang His Gloves Up. “It was a big struggle.”. BAD 1 - 2 POOR 2 - 3 FAIR 3 - 4 GOOD 4 - 5. Seniesa Estrada is a 17-year-old amateur boxing champ with a dad who gave up gang life to be her coach. The sounds of speed bags rhythmically pounding, the stench of stale sweat, and the sharp piercing bell marking each round make some first-time fighters anxious. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. ( Log Out /  BAD GOOD. Duh. The little boy was crying, and that’s the moment where I said my little girl’s a fighter. I just like getting in the ring and love the hardwork that goes within the boxing aspect.”, Seniesa has the ability to stick and move with her quick footwork, but the special factor that she has a lot of power when she throws either the right or left hook.

“Boxing is my life.

However, as a professional, the fights weren’t as often.

Estrada has been in the ring since she attended a match with her father and brother as an 8-year-old. The California commission and whoever else played a role in making that fight should be ashamed. All Rights Reserved. “Big promoters weren’t signing women at that time,” Estrada remembers. More boxer than brawler. Her father, Joe, was a former gang member who got off the streets to train her as a fighter. How did Miranda Adkins get cleared for this fight? As of right now Seniesa is 4-0 in her respective weight class and a lot of heads are turning because Seniesa is not your average “walk in the park” fighter. “He was pretty disappointed,” Estrada says. “When I turned pro, I didn’t realize how dead women’s boxing was,” she says. “As a female boxer we do not get the attention that we deserve and it is difficult for us at times, but I have a feeling that one day we all could be equal. Slowly, women’s boxing began gaining traction. “I knew that’s what I wanted,” she says now, “and I knew that’s what would happen for me.” Estrada asked to box so often that her father finally relented. ( Log Out /  The trainer agreed and Joe watched, fighting the impulse to jump inside the ring each time his little girl got hit. “He was hoping that I’d be tired, sore and I’d say, ‘This is too hard, I don’t want to do it.’ But that didn’t happen.”. She read books on the sport, including a biography of “Sugar” Ray Leonard that she reread incessantly. Who approved that Seniesa Estrada-Miranda Adkins fight? If that’s the case, two of the obvious candidates would be Anabel Ortiz, who holds the WBA mini-flyweight championship, or Yesenia Gomez, the WBC junior flyweight titleholder. As women’s boxing continues to rise, Estrada will be one of the important names leading the sport’s evolution. Rate Seniesa. “The times I wanted to quit, my dad would always keep me going and not let me,” Estrada says, thankful for her father’s support. We are all here to give the fans what they want to see and that’s what I am bringing to the fans everytime I step into the ring. “That’s the moment I said, ‘My little girl is a fighter.

Estrada has said she believes she could be fighting for a world championship later this year or early in 2021. The latter win was over Marlen Esparza, an Olympic bronze medalist. The Hope and Doubt of the NFL Draft Explained for Those Who Don’t Know or Care, The Importance Of Boxing Gyms In Latinx Communities, “There’s no answer”: A Browns Fan’s Agony, Paulie Malignaggi’s Hair Makes Me Think of Death, Again, The dangerous game Donald Trump is playing with MS-13, See Two Countries and Three States From This Soaring El Paso Gondola. “I go in there with no technique, just throwing bombs,” Estrada says of the first time she fought inside the ring.

He told her trainer to have her spar against a boy. After each one, her father asked Estrada how she felt, expecting her to say she didn’t want to return.

Alone Together Fall Out Boy, Leg Stop Cricket, French Name For Sun, What Is Nick Mangold Doing Now, How To Grow Noble Fir Trees From Seed, Betsy Devos Amway, Berlin Community School Bell Schedule, Florida Middle School Track And Field Records, Newcastle V Man Utd 5-0 Teams, Frank N Furter Hot Dog, Bismarckia Nobilis, Did The Chiefs Stand For National Anthem Tonight, Madison Mclaughlin Age, How To Defeat A Werewolf Harry Potter, Paddington (tv Series), Man Utd Crystal Palace Tickets, Wgmx Fm Marathon, I'm Gonna Love Me Again Lyrics, Radio Vision 2000 Surfmusic, Eurojackpot Countries, Hong Kong Observatory, 2010 Kansas City Chiefs, Venice In December, Dele Alli Brother Mourinho, Watch Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends, Mexican Chicken Corn Chowder, Jailhouse Blues Smokey Joe, 100 Names Of Jesus, Wjno Morning Rush, Florence, Wi Businesses, Wooden Horse Toy, Washington State University Softball, Creeping Buttercup Facts, Togo Breaking News, Value Created Formula M&a, Elvis Ain't Dead He Just Went Home, Pokemon Battle Frontier Lyrics, Chromebook Audio Output Settings, Razer Blackwidow Chroma V2 Review, Cocoa Beach 4th Of July Fireworks 2020, Mike Trebilcock Parents, Andy Pandy Characters Names, Akron Fireworks 2020, Romeo Beckham Age, Sheffield Shield 2020/21 One Day, How To Play Shadow Fight 3 On Pc Without Bluestacks, Morton County Burn Ban 2020, Simmons Name Origin, Close The Window, Calm The Light Lyrics Meaning, Being Grateful Meaning In Tamil, Ufc 4 Release Date Uk, A Bird's Eye View Sentence, Fann Wong Husband, When Does Autophagy Peak, Coop Aylmer, Pokemon Season 9 Episode 10, Typhoon Hagibis Facts, Ek Tha Tiger Full Movie Hotstar, Valentine Rooke, Barcelona Weather November 2018, Nfl Playoffs 2006, University Of Michigan Yard Decorations, Facts About Places On Earth, Bbc Weather Argeles Sur Mer, Keepsake Bears Nz, Kbl Quintet, Pokemon Unbeatable 1 Hour, Kinky Boots Paramount Aurora, Feline Leukemia Test Cost, California Academy Of Sciences Itinerary, Justice League Dark: Apokolips War Openload, F1 Driver Contracts, This Is The End For You, My Master, Barrier Fedora, Football On Radio Today, Horizons University Dba Reviews, Sanders Gift Basket, The Scream Visual Analysis, Flash Gordon Tv Show 70s, Charlotte Checkers Mascot, West Ham Sheffield United Compensation, Onigiri Mold, Nintendo Switch Arms, What Does Proverbs 18 Mean, Pauline Hanson Speech 2019, Chasing After You Lyrics Bethany Music, Jessica Peaty, Pityriasis Rosea Treatment, How Many Ships In Synergy, The Canton Spirituals - Father I'm Coming Home, China Celebrating New Year 2020, Boise State Football 2017, Do Members Of Congress Have Security, Burlington County Superior Court, Corsair K95 Rgb Platinum Speed Switches, Cool Spongebob Songs,

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *