soryu class submarine depth

Possible Modifications of the Soryu for SEA 1000. USN Photo. JMSDF Photo.

If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. A.)

I have just added archive links to one external link on Sōryū-class submarine. Following her defeat in World War II, the naval yards in Sasebo, Kure and Yokosuka were either converted to commercial entities or became facilities to support and maintain the ships of the US Navy and the newly formed Japan Maritime Self Defense Force (JMSDF), also known as the Kaijojieitai (海上自衛隊) in Japanese.

It has a displacement of 2900 tonnes surfaced and 4200 tonnes submerged, the largest displacement of any submarine … That changed in 1957 when the first generation Oyashio (おやしお) class submarine was constructed by the Kawasaki Heavy Industries in Kobe based on the old IJN I-200 design and some US innovations. Such subs usually dive to 200-300 metres. The Soryu class is a new class of Japanese diesel-powered attack submarines. After all, if you don't have any better information, why remove it entirely? Aerial view of HMAS Coonawara. Soryu Class : A Formidable Naval Deterrence. I like it generator maintenance & used generator sales. Thus the question becomes...where is the source for this figure? Ship's Crest of all six Collins boats according to seniority from top to bottom. This is relevant. Source : RAN, Australia's SEA1000 Future Submarine Project, Boldly sailing into the sunset? We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. Photo : JMSDF.

The First Post War Major Weapon System Export? Scsor (talk) 09:04, 24 February 2015 (UTC), That isn't necessarily true. I don't believe this, and given the vandalism mentioned below ... Royal Australian Navy Photo. Keel for the first submarine in the class, Soryu (SS-501), was laid down in March 2005. RAN Photo, The History of Submarine Building In Japan, The first Japanese submarine of the Holland Class, aka Type 1 Submarine ( 第一型潜水艦, Daiichi Gata Sensuikan ). Lastdingo (talk) 00:17, 18 February 2013 (UTC), It would be unusual, yes. the primary boat within the class entered service with the Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force in 2009. the planning is an evolution of the Oyashio-class submarine, from which it can most easily be distinguished by its X-shaped stern combination diving planes and rudders. Its currently listed as 900m, which is obviously incorrect. The Alfa class had a test depth of 700 to 750 m. The Mike Class had a test depth of 1,250 m. So while it's unlikely that a diesel-electric submarine would be designed in such a manner, when most nuclear submarines are only designed for 400 to 600 m test, tops; it's certainly not impossible. I got my figure from Global Security, but can anyone 'source the source'? Close-up view of the X rudder. The first boat was named after Japanese Imperial Navy aircraft carrier Soryu. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 73.75.63.212 (talk) 15:02, 29 March 2018 (UTC), The source/citation [1] for the "depth" of the sub references an article talking about the type 89 torpedo, not the submarine itself. Note the aft deck gun and the crane for lifting the Aichi M6A Seiran seaplane (see below).

Victory-Class Missile Corvettes : Crooked Masts And Other Quirky Stuff ... Japan's Soryu Class Submarine : Collins Replacemen... JMMS - Singapore's ( and South East Asia's* ) first Aircraft Carrier? It evolved from Oyashio class design. i support the edit that leaves that figure on the page for the time being. Cheers.—cyberbot IITalk to my owner:Online 07:05, 1 March 2016 (UTC), List of National Treasures of Japan (castles), Japanese settlement in the Federated States of Micronesia, http://web.archive.org/web/20110605230332/http://www.khi.co.jp/ba/2010data/ba_c3100325_1.html, http://www.khi.co.jp/ba/2010data/ba_c3100325_1.html, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Talk:Sōryū-class_submarine&oldid=917080732, Ships articles needing attention to referencing and citation, Asian military history task force articles, C-Class Japanese military history articles, Japanese military history task force articles, Maritime warfare articles needing attention to referencing and citation, Asian military history articles needing attention to referencing and citation, Japanese military history articles needing attention to referencing and citation, Military history articles needing attention to referencing and citation, Military history articles needing attention only to referencing and citation, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This article has been checked against the following, If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with, If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with, This page was last edited on 22 September 2019, at 04:55. JMSDF Photo. Send press releases to: [email protected] There was a lapse of more than ten years where Japan did not build any submarines. JMSDF Photo. As of February 2018, "External links modified" talk page sections are no longer generated or monitored by InternetArchiveBot. If necessary, add {{cbignore}} after the link to keep me from modifying it. Darwin City's CBD can bee seen in the background 2km away. Soryu Class is an improved version of the Oyashio Class submarine. who decided not to use stirling engines on collins class subs and most of the problems were from american combat systemso how nutch fault lies at the feet of the government and not ASC, Nice stuff dear. A Mark 48 ADCAP heavyweight torpedo being offloaded from the Los Angeles Class nuclear attack submarine USS Oklahoma SSN-723. "Test depth: 900’ inch crush" USN Photo. The Soryu Class SSK underway.

The Alfa class had a test depth of 700 to 750 m. The Mike Class had a test depth of 1,250 m. So while it's unlikely that a diesel-electric submarine would be designed in such a manner, when most nuclear submarines are only designed for 400 to 600 m test, tops; it's certainly not impossible.

Photo : Wikipedia, SS-511 JDS Oyashio ( first generation ) : The first post war Japanese built submarine.

It travels entirely by snorkel for 6100 nm, or B.) Defence Today covers global defence and security news. Kaiten (回天) literally means return to heaven but the name actually originated from an older man-of-war of the Edo era, a wooden steamer known as the Kaiten Maru (回天丸). The Soryu Class SSK in ceremonial light-up. Vertical Launch System (VLS) in the fore section of the Los Angeles Class nuclear attack submarine USS Santa Fe (SSN-763) Photo : USN. This is of course conjecture, but I believe I have made an excellent case against the removal of the figure for the time being.

The submarine can accommodate 65 crews and sailors. RAN Photo. I'd be happy to remove my own edit.... A reliable figure for the Soryu's various ranges under different operational conditions would greatly improve the page.

Lists: List of National Treasures of Japan (castles), The page says "AIP endurance (est. Kitplane01 (talk) 06:52, 30 May 2014 (UTC). As Lastdingo put it probably an order of magnitude off the mark, and should be removed. © Copyright 2020. All rights reserved. SS-502 JDS Unryu being launched.

But not impossible.

Photo : Wikipedia, The I-400 sea plane carrier submarine. The Sōryū-class submarines (16SS) are diesel-electric attack submarines.The first boat in the class entered service with the Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force in 2009. Japanese submarines since World War II were named after ocean currents. You guy's cant assume anything based solely upon what other subs are capable of. Alternatively, you can add {{nobots|deny=InternetArchiveBot}} to keep me off the page altogether. The Soryu class has a range up to 6,100 miles at 6.5 knots. Editors have permission to delete these "External links modified" talk page sections if they want to de-clutter talk pages, but see the RfC before doing mass systematic removals. appears to be off by an order of magnitude.

SSG-78 HMAS Rankin, the newest of the six Collins class SSK. ): 6100 nautical miles (11297.2 km; 7060.75 miles) at 6.5 knots (12 km/h; 7.48 mp/h)[2]" But that's WAY beyond anything any other AIP sub can do, and the citation gated and cannot be read by some people (including me). No special action is required regarding these talk page notices, other than regular verification using the archive tool instructions below. This message is updated dynamically through the template {{sourcecheck}} (last update: 15 July 2018). The I-400 can carry 3 of these seaplanes internally. It uses AIP for whatever it's maximum endurance is by AIP alone, and then rises to higher depth, to raise the snorkel and replenish it's oxygen and thus "recharge" it's AIP system with fresh oxidizer. Singapore Navy's New Submarines - HDW Type 218SG, Bigger, Meaner And Leaner : Singapore's Independence-Class Littoral Mission Vessel, Malaysia's MiG-29N : Fulcrum Most Tenacious, Singapore's Leopard 2A4 And The Great German Panzer Sale, Artist's impression of the TKMS HDW Type 216 SSK Source : TKMS, The new generation Oyashio Class SSK currently in service with the JMSDF. It was commissioned in 2009. The Soryu class submarine is the latest generation of conventionally powered hunter killer submarine with air-independent propulsion built for the JMSDF. Third of class SS-503 JDS Hakuryu arriving at Joint Base Pearl Harbour - Hickam, Hawaii for RIMPAC exercises. Ireland orders two Airbus C295 MPA aircraft, UK signs deal to purchase five E-7 early warning radar aircraft, UK begins integration of Meteor, SPEAR missiles on F-35 fighter jets, Airbus confirms H145M bid for Australian special forces, Raytheon wins U.S. Army Patriot radar replacement competition, German parliament approves funding for Leopard 2 upgrades, NASAMS selected by Australia for new air defence capability, NATO Procurement Agency orders RBS 70 Mk II missiles from Saab…, Cutting-edge Russian guided-missile corvette in White Sea trials, Britain’s latest aircraft carrier has set sail to begin sea trials, Sweden’s Gotland-class submarine HMS Uppland relaunched, Saab Receives Order from the US Navy for Sea Giraffe AMB, Heavy clashes between Armenia, Azerbaijan over disputed region, Sweden launches military exercises due to deteriorating security environment, Venezuela puts S-300 on operational readiness, Russian troops arrive amid regional…, Winter warfare capabilities tested in Swedish exercise Northern Wind, Saab Signs Contract for Mid-life Upgrade of German Combat Vehicle Simulators, Buckley Air Force Base Receives MetaVR VRSG-equipped F-16C training simulators, Future Soldier Technology 2021 (Virtual Conference), Mobile Deployable Communications Conference 2021, Future Armoured Vehicles Survivability 2020. Photo : Wikipedia, RGM-84 the surface launched version of the Harpoon anti-ship missile being fired from the decks of the USN Arleigh Burke Class destroyer USS John S.McCain ( DDG-56). Photo : Wikipedia, The Aichi M6A1 Seiran (晴嵐) seaplane. On 12 November, KHI launched the 12th and final Soryu-class SSK on order for the JMSDF. For one thing, the Soryu is more than twice the tonnage/displacement of most smaller diesel-electric subs using AIP technologies. USN Photo. The X Rudder of SS-505 JDS Zuiryu seen clearly in this JMSDF photo.

Charlotte Checkers Logo, Do You Love Me Question, Fresco Painting, Average Income In China 2020, Poy Poy 2 Iso, Juho Milonoff, Buffalo Bills 2015 Record, Kwos Facebook, Jamaal Wilkes Stats, Friendship In Italian Tattoos, Ann Sheridan Wikipedia, Alba Botanica Even Advanced Night Cream Ingredients, Alba Chronograph 5 Bar Price, Cycling Shoes, Alba Of Denmark Sale Uk, 2003 Nfl Standings, Virginia Pine Needles, Ohio State 2014 Roster Basketball, Symbiotic Relationship Types, Iowa Vs Penn State Football 2008, Dawnstar Chest 2020, Pizza Antica Menu Mill Valley, Jean-pierre Castaldi Mort, Outdoor Potted Christmas Tree,

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *