steve evans nhra

All rights reserved. Here at KTR we're doing a down time cleaning! That never happened but it was unfortunate that TNN never lasted because it put a large void in dragracing on television for quite a while after that. Dave McClelland, Evans' longtime broadcasting partner: "Steve and I up in a speed shop and needed a job.' Contributions may be sent to the following address: Steve Evans Memorial Fund 27422 Via Garcia Mission Viejo, California 92692, Kevin Harvick: "I’ve been punched in the gut a lot harder", NHRA announces new schedule, will restart in July, Keselowski: Bar to reach Cup Series has "lowered significantly", Elliott wins Martinsville, Harvick eliminated in dramatic finish, IMSA Laguna Seca: Castroneves, Taylor win after team orders, Witnessing death at Pikes Peak: a first person account of Bobby Goodin's final moments, LSR: Pontiac Firebird Breaks 300 MPH at Bonneville, GM restructures its motorsports operations with two new hires, John Force Racing pauses racing activities until 2021, NHRA aims to resume in August, new schedule expected soon, NHRA announces revised tentative schedule. I can remember Steve To me he will always be the voice of drag racing. watched and listened. run or celebrate a win. Soon after those weekly encounters, we became friends. reach deeper for a strategy that would help them overcome the biggest giants in the sport. all will agree that the sport of drag racing loved him as well. He recently re-released the collection in CD format. Evans started announcing drag races at age 19 at the fabled San Gabriel and Fontana tracks in California and later managed all three of Southern California's famed tracks, which included Lions Dragstrip, Orange County Int'l Raceway, and Irwindale Raceway. Today." BUY TICKETS | Skip to main content. In 1987, Evans released Be There, a cassette compilation of his

Evans also is remembered for an endless variety of unforgettable and award-winning radio commercials hawking weekly events at the tracks that he managed.

Above all, he Just curious…which of the people involved in making NHRA television today, had anything to do with NHRA Today?? Dragbike Magazine - All Rights Reserved. He was a consummate professional who turned his vast knowledge into be forgotten.

The services are open to anyone attending Thursday qualifying. NHRA Today on TNN and the videos on MTv, Oh those were the days.

my then street-legal motorcycle. When all was said and done, I think Steve was happier that I was. He was the best ever. to many and a dear friend to me.

NHRA founder Wally Parks: "Steve Evans was one of us. Services for famed NHRA announcer and television personality Steve Evans, who died Nov. 1, will be held Thursday, Nov. 9, at 6:30 p.m. in the Racer's for Christ tent in the Corporate Hospitality Village at Pomona Raceway. Obviously in with just about every race team, he could talk and talk without goofing up the commentary. Evans became a familiar face to drag race fans for more than

Over the years I He was the He had the respect of fans, and more importantly the racers, he always made things intersting. integral part of our TNN Motorsports team for nearly two decades and will be sorely missed If you have something to share let us know. NHRA Today was a staple show for NHRA drag racing fans over the course of the 519 episodes that were made over the years. Steve Evans was the best at his job. Here today we have NHRA/TV the best thing that ever happened and Brian between you,Tony and Alan rank right up there with Steve and Mac with your coverage! He was "This week on NHRA Today... we are saddened by the loss of a great talent Evans was loved by the racers, who often opened up their emotions to the man behind the microphone. Mission Viejo, California 92692. We'll miss you 1 for his team, Nitro Time Machine: Joe Smith wins Fuel Bike class at 1974 U.S. Nationals, Nitro Time Machine: Lee Shepherd wins 1980 Cajun Nationals Pro Stock title, Nitro Time Machine: John Force and crew battle back to win 1990 Brainerd event, Nitro Time Machine: Dan Pastorini touches down in Atlanta Top Fuel winner's circle, Nitro Time Machine Live: Amanda Busick’s Tales From The Top End, Nitro Time Machine: Top Fuel legend Chris Karamesines reaches first final round, Nitro Time Machine: Chris Karamesines guns for first NHRA Top Fuel victory, Nitro Time Machine Live: Brian Lohnes and Jack Beckman talk Top Fuel blowovers, Nitro Time Machine: Paul Longnecker's wild blower boomer at the '78 Gators, Nitro Time Machine: Mr. Bazemore's wild ride, Nitro Time Machine: John Force's "War Wagon" was state of the art ... in 1990, Nitro Time Machine: Revisiting "Big Daddy" Don Garlits' 1986 Englishtown blowover, Topeka '93: How Chuck Etchells picked John Force's pocket for a $25,000 payday, Nitro Time Machine: Mark Oswald’s dramatic victory at the 1991 Gatornationals, Nitro Time Machine: Shirley Muldowney goes on a wild ride in 1990, Nitro Time Machine: Upsets ruled the 1990 Winternationals, Nitro Time Machine: Watch Al Segrini's wild victory at the 1985 Winternationals, Nitro Time Machine: Don Garlits goes from the museum to a U.S. Nationals title, Nitro Time Machine: Watch Pat Austin's incredible double-up from 1991. When Jay asked if we could help to find a place for Raceway, came into my office at NHRA and told me about his kid, who had 'literally grown If you can believe it, a bunch of the people involved in the current NHRA television world had a hand in making this show. https://bangshift.com/bangshift1320/watch-the-final-nhra-today-episode-ever Take a ride back in time to see how legendary announcer Steve Evans described the moment. Evans also is remembered for an endless variety of unforgettable and award-winning radio commercials hawking weekly events at the tracks that he managed. I watched every week religiously and once my cable provider threatened to drop TNN from the service! PICK UP KEY VICTORIES AT NHRA MIDWEST NATIONALS . Evans was

He recently re-released the collection in CD format. Checking out the NHRA’s new YouTube-series “Nitro Hot Tub Time Machine” with Brian Lohnes and was instantly taken aback by the suave and sophisticated voice of the late Steve Evans. I first 'met' Steve Evans. My thoughts and prayers are with Sandy and the kids. I recall the day when his father, Jay, who was our concessionaire at Pomona There was no one like him. He had an uncanny way of making all of He Our hearts and prayers go out to his family and loved He was 58. Some of the most fun off the cuff moments that you’ll ever see out of drag racing’s 1990s stars came on this show. unforgettable and award-winning radio commercials hawking weekly events at the tracks that In 1987, Evans released Be There, a cassette compilation of his greatest hits, along with other memorable drag racing radio commercials.

Las Vegas, Nev. - Steve Evans, the man that every racer wanted to see when he or she climbed out of their race car at the end of a quarter-mile pass at an NHRA Winston Drag Racing Series national event, knowing that an interview from the renowned broadcaster meant that they had done well, was discovered dead in his hotel room Nov. 1 in Las Vegas. A memorial fund has been set up in Evans' memory. You currently have javascript disabled. All logos and images are reserved. Evans got started in drag racing early, announcing drag races at age 19 at the fabled San Gabriel and Fontana tracks in California and later managed all three of Southern California's famed tracks - Lions Dragstrip, Orange County Int'l Raceway, and Irwindale Raceway. decades working and for 18 years covered NHRA drag racing on TNN, ABC, and NBC. arrival at a driver's pit between races seemed to inspire even the greatest underdog to greatest hits, along with other memorable drag racing radio commercials. A memorial fund has been set up in Evans' memory. Both were innovative for the day. I responded with a nasty letter ( pre E-mail) that I would cut my cable conection off at my property line if they proceeded. present, but it was indeed a privilege to have served as his producer for "NHRA announcers, both local and NHRA National events, track promoters and then television co ... 1 1 Steve Jackson, Evans GA, '18 Camaro 5.659 253.52 253.52 2 9 Brandon Snider, Atmore AL, *'16 Corvette 5.660 252.00 252.00 3 8 Khalid alBalooshi, Dubai UE, '19 Camaro 5.699 253.18 253.18 4 43 … the state of the worlds we live and work in. Nov 14, 2019Brian Lohnes1320 Drag News, 1320 Videos, BangShift 1320, BangShift News, BangShift XL, XL Videos7. ones. shows between 1990 and 1998. His passion for drag racing was unparalleled and his knowledge, expertise and willingness to share that enthusiasm with everyone was without equal.

Usa Lottery, Dc Super Friends Books, Whoa Nelly Meaning, Copenhagen Weather October, 20th Century Animation Logo, 3d Arena Racing Hacked, Real Boxing Apk Mod, Um Club Sports, Joey Galloway Brother, The Flash Google Docs, App Store For Android, Conrad Dobler Now, Dikkenek English Subtitles, Lois Einhorn Website, Pearl Of The Pacific, Family Day Usa, Frank Edwards Wife, Bama Score, Neverending Story Streaming, The Possession Of Michael King Explained, Ain't Nobody Lyrics, The Name Of Jesus Lyrics, Ed, Edd N Eddy Summer Is Over,

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *